Monday, September 17, 2007

Party, Party, Party!

What a whirlwind of a weekend! I feel so partied out.
Friday night we had a dinner with Chris' graduating class and wives. I had such a great time getting to know the guys that I had heard so much about for the past 5 months. I was also great to meet all the wives. We had a good time sharing our own "war stories" from the academy. :)
Saturday we had a get together at our house. God gave us an amazingly beautiful day. We had such a great time celebrating with our family and friends!
Sunday afternoon, we had a cookout at one of the graduate's house. Mark and Stevie almost live in North Carolina. It was quite a drive, but it was totally worth it. They have so much land and the kids had a blast. Cody ran from the time we got there to the time we left and got to experience so many new things. They guys played paintball for hours until the girls decided they wanted to take a crack at it. I played both times. The first time was all girls, and I was the last girl standing! The second time, it was guys against girls. The girls won again! I had so much fun! That's probably because I never got hit. :)
I'm so glad it's Monday, and life can go back to normal...
Today is Chris' first day on the street. I can't wait for him to get home and tell me all about his day!



Mommy and Cody after Church.

Cody's first time on a trampoline.

Cody and the HUGE soccer ball.

Cody petting a bunny for the first time.







7 comments:

anthonyandbeth said...

i SO wish we could have been at the party. i'm really feeling like we missed out! we are so proud of Chris and it's so nice to read about your excitement for him. He has a treasure in you! love you guys! Cody...adorable as always! please don't ever cut that hair!

Katy said...

You're eventually going to HAVE to cut that hair, you know! Don't listen to Beth - she always had hair issues cutting Jackson's too! But you can wait on Cody's curls for now! :)

Okay, back to you! What a fun weekend celebrating Chris' graduation!! We are all so impressed (and David admitted that he was very jealous of Chris' free coffee at Starbucks and 1/2 off at Chick-fil-A!!! So you'll have to tell us how you like his shift - he said it's 2-10 pm? UGH! When will you ever see him? Hopefully it won't be forever!

Jen said...

What a fun, but exhausting weekend. It is always fun to celebrate. I bet Chris is pretty proud of his little woman taking on the paintball. I guess now that the rest of us aren't pregnant we could do Sat. am paintball with the guys, or we could just stick to "The Painted Lady!"

Heather J said...

Sign me up for paintball - it sounds like a great way to work off some 'mommy energies'! We had a great time celebrating with you guys and Mark is STILL talking about the spread!!! We are so proud of Chris!!

Amanda said...

Congratulations to the whole family! It looks like you guys really had a blast celebrating. We will be praying that Chris can continue to share the gospel.

dandsratz said...

Oh Jessica, what a FABULOUS weekend ya'll had, for sure!!! What a blessing for Chris to start his new job with such encouragement and celebration from everyone that loves him so!! I can't wait to hear all about his arrest and chases, and stories!! What an EXCITING career the Lord has placed him in!! And Jessica, I'm TOTALLY in for paint ball too!! HOW FUN!! That's what I love about you--you get right in there and have fun, too!!! That's awesome!! (And I agree with Beth--don't EVER cut Cody's hair!!! He is SOOOOO perfect and adorable!!) You know, I always mean to write this...but I really always see your mom in him!! Does anyone else say that?

Jayne said...

Congrats to Chris! What a great way to let the good times roll--all weekend!! He worked hard, all of you lived it with him, so you all deserved a party!

Paintball?! Dirty for a reson and with a cause-sign me up too!

Baseball

Baseball
We got pictures done today. This is my favorite!