Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Two Days of Heaven!

Chris and I were both off yesterday and today, and let me tell you, we needed it! The last couple weeks have been crazy, so it was so nice to have great family time. We slept in, ran errands, took Cody to his first movie, went out to lunch and caught up on our DVR. It's been like being on vacation at home. Pure heaven, to steal a line from Sue! What a blessing. I feel so refreshed and ready to face the rest of my week!
I'm also getting to catch up on my blog. So here's a month's worth of pictures :) This one is of Cody playing in the puddles. A couple of Saturday's ago, we had that massive rain storm and what started out as throwing balls in the puddles, turned into this! I also got a great video, but I can't get it in a format blogger will accept yet. I'll keep working on it, cause it was precious!
These picture are of Cody and Molly "helping" MeMe plant her garden. It was a riot watching her try to plant and shoo them away at the same time.


Our back yard has the most amazing daffodils in the spring. I love to take advantage of them for spring pictures.


Molly's first trip to the beach. She loved it and Cody had a good time as well. It was really windy, so we didn't stay long, but it was a fun family outing!









This is just a fun picture. Cody was trying to postpone bedtime and it worked. He was playing Krispy Kreme employee. We would tell him what kind of doughnut we wanted and he would pretend to get it for us and we would pretend to eat it. It was really fun and cute to see him being able to use his ever growing imagination.
Easter Basket! I just barely got to be a part of this. I was on my way out the door for church when Cody woke up. He especially loved his Cars movie and finger paints! I really wanted to carry on my childhood tradition of finding Easter baskets in the backyard, but it just didn't happen this year. Hopefully next year!



My handsome men in their Easter outfits! I'm so blessed!

After our family Easter lunch, we went to the Ratz for a egg hunt. We had such a great time. A perfect ending to the day! Thank you Sue and Dave for opening your home. You are such amazing hosts! I think we might have a new tradition!





Cody's first finger painting experience! He wasn't to sure about it at first, but he really got into it. I was so glad I had taken his clothes off, 'cause that paint got places I never thought it would :) I love being the one to introduce "firsts" to him. It was really fun!







So there's my month of blogging. March has been a complete blur, but a great month. As I have sat here and reviewed the time, I realize once again, that I am an extremely blessed woman.

Thank you, God for your gift of life eternal and abundant!

12 comments:

Ward Blog said...

LOVE all the pics.....Cody is super cute!!! Tuggles really wants a playdate with Molly. After Walker moved away, Tuggles has been trying to fufill the void :)

The Stiners said...

Let's see...tell Cody I want a cherry iced doughnut with sprinkles please. Our nearest Krispy Kreme is an hour away in Denver! (Probably a good thing...especially when I was pregnant!)

Your new puppy is way too adorable!!!! You've got your hands full I am sure! :)

Looks like you had a very fun Easter! Cody is a cutie!!

dandsratz said...

Jessica, the picture of Cody with the krispy kreme hat--oh my word--I could just EAT HIM UP! It looks & sounds like ya'll have had a super month!!! I loved seeing all of the pictures!!! Love ya'll bunches!

Jen said...

Now that's efficient blogging! I think you've got the right idea. Looks like it was a fun month. Glad we got to spend some of it with you and again tonight. Erin just loves Cody so much and I think Anna does too! They'll love him even more if he brings them hot Krispy Kreme donuts on Saturday morning!

Jayne said...

WOW Jessica! How long did it take you to do all of that? At the same time, I bet it's nice to get it all done at once. Maybe I should try blogging once every 2 weeks--but on second thought, I'd never get caught up on everyone else's!!!

All of the pictures are great. Taking time to remember the little things makes life worth living! Glad you enjoyed your 2 days off work. Good family times!!

Katy said...

I LOVE all the pictures - such cute ones!!! Fingerpainting is SO much fun - looks like Cody loved it!! He looked so cute in his Easter sweater too... Oh, and I love that you're starting him off young playing Krispy Kreme guy -that's awesome!!!

Natalie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE all the pictures. The dog is so cute, and Cody is growing into such a handsome young man! And you know I love the messy finger paints...you will have to join with my crew one day:)

anthonyandbeth said...

love all these pictures of sweet little Cody and getting to catch up on what you guys have been up to! love his Easter sweater...adorable!!! miss you guys!

Amanda said...

Looks like you guys have had a great start to the spring. I am so jealous that you can go to the beach whenever you want, looks like a blast. Virginia Beach is on our list for places to vacation.

Vonda said...

Great pics, Jessica! The ones of you and Cody with the daffodils are awesome and I love the Easter Pix of Chris and Cody too...such handsome fellas!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Linda Williams said...

Jessica, I finally had a moment to "peek inside your beautiful family". How nice it is to be able to see what you and Chris are up to! I especially loved the photo of Chris and Cody! What handsome fellas they are! The one of you and the flowers is beautiful!

Hope to see you all soon. Right now "we are all dressed up and no where to go". Waiting for baby Addison! And then in June waiting for Carolina Grace! Do these sweet little girls not know that their Mimi and Papa are READY for their arrivals!

Love you guys!
The Williams' (Linda & James

Baseball

Baseball
We got pictures done today. This is my favorite!