Saturday, October 20, 2007

So I Lied!

I know I said it would be a while before I posted, but I had no idea so many great things would happen in the last few days! So I'll just start in order...
Wednesday:
I picked Cody up from Granny's after work and she told me Cody had a very busy day. She had laid him down for his afternoon nap and about an hour into it, she was in the bathroom brushing her teeth when she heard a knock on the door. She opened the door and there is Cody standing with his binky and blanket. She was so surprised to spit toothpaste all over the bathroom! She took him back into the room and said "Show me what you did." She put him back in the crib and he climbed right out.
Then she was getting ready to give him a bath and she has this little potty chair in the bathroom. He sat on the potty and peed! She had her camera right there and took the most adorable picture. I'll post it when I get it from her. So she was showing me the picture when I picked him up and he grabbed my hand and took me into the bathroom. I asked him if he needed to go again and he said yes. I put him back on the potty and he went!
So I guess we are quickly heading into potty training and big boy beds!
Friday:
Chris, Cody and I went to Hunt Club Farms. We had a blast! Cody already had pumpkins from Granny and Nana, so we really enjoyed the hay ride and all the animals. They had a play area surrounded by animals and in the middle was an awesome playground, a mound of hay for the kids to jump in and a old tractor to climb on. We had to tear Cody away. It was such a great family event. The only bad thing was it felt like July! :)





Saturday:

Chris watched Cody in the morning so I could do a little shopping. It was wonderful. I think the guys had a good morning too! Then my Aunt was in town for a couple hours and she, my mom, myself and Cody did a few things together. We went to a really neat estate sale near the oceanfront. Then we had lunch at Beach Bully and them we went on the beach at 31st. They put one of those jungle gyms on the beach and Cody had a blast on it. We came home and spent the afternoon raking and planing grass seed. And Cody used the potty two more times today! It's been so awesome. He's almost potty training himself!

It was a great day.

What a wonderful weekend!





9 comments:

dandsratz said...

I completely agree...you have had a GREAT weekend!!! WAY TO GO CODY for crawling out of your bed AND peeing in the potty this weekend!!! Woo-HOO!!!!! Jessica, he is SOOOO cute!!!!

anthonyandbeth said...

sounds a GREAT weekend! i know you ALL had fun at the pumpkin farm! so proud of Granny for catching all of these things on camera for you! you've got her trained well! i bet it WAS a shock hearing the knock on her bathroom door! hilarious! he's going to keep you busy! and peeing on the potty!!!! AMAZING! :)

Amanda said...

Wow, I am so glad to get to read about all of your exciting things that have been going on. I have missed your blogging, but I know how busy things can get. Congrats on the self potty training. That is so exciting!

Natalie said...

Sounds like a fantastic few days in the jackson household! Yeah Cody for going potty like a big boy:)

Katy said...

So exciting about Cody - isn't he growing up into such a big boy!!! Be careful of boys that roam around during their "supposed" nap time - remember my post about Jacob and Gorilla Glue?@!?!?!?!

Jen said...

Wow - Do you have an EASY button that you pushed with this whole potty thing? I hope he keeps it up and you'll have set a record! Great Pumpkin Patch pictures. I know he had a blast at Hunt Club. I'm sad too that we haven't had more fall like temps for the Pumpkin Patch. Fun Weekend - hope next weekend is just as fun - we can't wait for HH!

The Stiners said...

Holy cow! That is awesome about the potty training! Great job Cody! Jessica you are one lucky mommy! (But you already knew that!) That gives me hope that maybe Corben will potty train so easily!!!

Jayne said...

Yeah for all of the above: big boy beds, pee-pee on the potty, and Hunt Club Farms!! I hope he can train himself to do #2 as easily, we're still tackling that with Grayson-AAAGH! We did Hunt Club on Saturday, you'll have to check out our pics too! I am back in Blog land too after being gone almost a month!

Jamie said...

Wow! What an exciting weekend! Maybe Cody could give Ryan a few potty training tips! :) Guess it's time for a big boy bed. Can't believe he's climbing out...what a sight!! Gotta love the pumpkin patch even if it is warm enough to wear shorts. Looking foward to Hallelujah Harvest this weekend!!

Baseball

Baseball
We got pictures done today. This is my favorite!