Saturday, August 18, 2007

Doggy-Dog






Most of you know about the newest member of our family...Doggy-Dog.


We rescued him from a pile of things that were going to be thrown away at church. He was used as a prop in a Kid's Thang drama and they no longer had the room to store him. You would not believe how much Cody loves this enormous dog. When he wakes up in the morning, our dialogue normally goes something like this:
Me: "Good Morning!"
Cody: "Mama!"

Me: "Hi, Baby."

Cody: "Daddy?"

Me: "Daddy's already at work today."

Cody: "Doggy-Dog?"
"Juice!"
So then I carry Cody, the large St. Bernard, and the cup of juice upstairs where we watch a morning cartoon, before getting ready for work. It's a hilarious routine. What even funnier is watching me try to carry Cody and his massive dog up the stairs. It's a miracle I haven't broken all of our necks! When we leave the house, we either have to take the dog in the car with us, or say a proper goodbye before leaving. We put him down for "naps." He drinks from Cody's cup. It's absolutely ridiculously cute, so I thought I'd share it. :)



9 comments:

Heather J said...

I love the stair climbing with toddler & dog! So cute - Anderson does the same thing to me - I have to carry him, his 2 blankies & monkey up & down stairs. I usually have to take a second trip up & down to get Carter!!! You be careful!!

Amanda said...

So cute! Don't you just love little boys, such a joy! Looks like you had a blast at the park too, you can't beat a good healthy day out of the house! I should know we were all sick this week as well! Take care! Amanda

anthonyandbeth said...

So cute! He's going to be like Harrison...starting VERY little Harrison always had to have his "specail" something come with us...Barney, Woody, Lady, etc... So cute your morning routine! I love it!

Katy said...

At least Cody welcomes you in the morning BEFORE asking for his Doggy-Dog!!!

dandsratz said...

Jessica...Cody is SOOO cute!! Maybe he needs a REAL dog!?! :) Love to all!

Vonda said...

Oh Jessica, is this child of yours Chris or what??? He looks just like him! And I love Doggy-Dog...y'all will have many memories with that dog. Love ya -V

anthonyandbeth said...

You've been tagged! Check my "I've been tagged" post to see what I mean! :)

Katy said...

So I see that you've been playing around with your blog!! Changes look good!!

Jayne said...

I never saw that prop, but Shelly did some serious summer cleaning! I'm glad Cody got to benefit from some of that. We know all about the rituals and routines of favorite things. Even now "blankie" goes everywhere especially if there's a chance he might sleep or nap while we are out!

Baseball

Baseball
We got pictures done today. This is my favorite!