Friday, August 24, 2007

My Eight Things....

Ok...so I've been tagged and here are my eight things:
8. I HATE bananas! I hate the smell of them, the taste of them and the texture of them. It is one of the hardest thing I do as a mom to cut them up for Cody.
7. I was a member of the first class to start at Atlantic Shores Christian School. I was in K4. I think I was the second student enrolled after Danny Budde.
6. Ok, everybody is telling hair stories, so I'll share one of mine. When I was in the 7th grade, I was having a really bad hair day. I asked my mom to trim my bangs, but she said it would make us late for school and I would have to wait 'til I got home. Well I was stubborn (Hey that could be my #5!) and took a pair of scissors in the bathroom and grabbed my bangs and "Snip" and accidentally cut them almost flush to my forehead. All that was left was this little poof of hair right at my hairline. Needless to say, I was indeed late to school that day. My mom made me go in anyway. It was one of the worst days of my life. I guess Chris wasn't the only one in the family with a "boof." :)
5. I was born in the tiny town of Grand Rapids, Minnesota, in the same hospital as Judy Garland. When you go in town, they have this huge Wizard of Oz mural painted on one of the buildings. You can tour her childhood home.
4. I think I've been swimming my whole life, but I swam competitively all 4 years of high school. In fact during my junior year, my relay team won 5th place in the Virginia Private School State Tournament. I still have the medal so I can prove to Chris and I was an athlete at one point.
3. I have been a book nerd most of my life. All through school, I always had a book with me. I found out my senior year that one of the most popular boys in school had wanted to date me in the 10th grade but I, in his words, "read to much." Ouch! I guess he was just intimidated by my superior intellect :)
2. I have had the same best friend since the 5th grade. Her name is Brandie and I could not have a better confidant, sounding board, shoulder to cry on, exercise partner, 24 watching, or sit around and do nothing friend. She and her husband now live in our neighborhood and our husbands have so much fun together too. I'm so blessed by her incredibly steadfast friendship. I love you, girl!
1. The way to a man's heart in not through his stomach...in fact the way I got Chris, was actually the opposite. New Year's Eve 1999. We had a Sunday School party and Mr. and Mrs. Maggiore's house. (Joe was the teacher of the class.) And Chris and I got in an argument over who sang the duet with Shaina Twain, "From This Moment." I said Bryan White and he said Vince Gil. We argued for a few minutes. (Again, we are both very stubborn!) He was getting in my face telling me I was wrong and before I knew it, I had slapped him in the face in front of all his friends. He turned and walked out of the room and I thought he would never speak to me again. Three months later, he started calling me out of the blue and by May we were dating. I guess he wanted a girl who would stand up to him.
Well man did he get it. :)
There I did it. All eight. It only took an hour. Good thing Cody takes long naps!
Now I am going to tag Jamie Saunder, Sue Ratz and Katrina Ward! I can't wait to see what you all are going to write. This was fun thinking back. Thanks for passing this on Beth (Blog-Harasser!)

8 comments:

Katy said...

You go girl! I'm still trying to come up with mine! :)

Amanda said...

I love it! I feel like a know you a little better! It was actually kind of fun doing this, trying to remember things. Amanda

Jen said...

I had no ideas about the bananas. Remind me not to bring banana pudding to Bible Study get togethers. I loved reading all about you.

Natalie said...

Love it! I have not been tagged for this one yet, but I am sure it is coming:)

anthonyandbeth said...

i loved reading about you Jessica! I would just die to see a picture of you with your boof! Looks like you and Chris were REALLY meant to be together! :) Hilarious! and what I would have given to have been there for the face slapping incident! Too funny!

Heather J said...

I loved your 8 random things - especially about the hair!! See, this is the good stuff I'm not sure we'd ever learn from you if we weren't bloggers!!

Jayne said...

Oh, I have a bad hair story too! Except mine came at the hand of a wicked girl in my Home Ec class in 7th grade-do I even need to say more. My mother was furious!! Anyways, Jessica I loved your 8 things and learning something new about you.

dandsratz said...

Jessica!! I LOVED reading your "8"!! I laughed so hard--I can just see you slapping Chris, and him loving it!! :) I can't believe you don't like bananas!! I learned SO much about you!! What fun!! I'm still thinking about mine!! :)

Baseball

Baseball
We got pictures done today. This is my favorite!